Friday, February 11, 2011

When you can't speak, WRITE


Because I am not a good talker, I usually write everything I want to say.
This one goes for my sister who deserves so much more than a poem.

16 Years Older

I was only five when she went abroad
To help our parents buy us food
She was just twenty two when she left home
She had to work far all alone

So I always wonder what it’s like
Growing up with her at my side
She was so far, so far away
I never knew what she has to say

If life was just easy and money not scarce
She would have not work many miles afar
She went there to help our parents make a living
She’s there to help us realize our dream

My only childhood memory with her
Was when she bathes me in a well
I can never thank her big enough
For the great sacrifice she did for us

She’s thirty seven when she fell in love and decides
To go to Down Under and be a bride
The situation and place may have change
But some things always remain the same

I was five then, now I’m twenty three
Still wondering what she has to say
‘cause my sister is three thousand miles away
And she’s sixteen years older than me

-avonetnomalc-




And this is all about my precious childhood memories.


Growing Up Sunshine

Growing up near green fields with a lot of carabao grass
Playing with my little sister letting time pass
Wake up in the morning and hear the birds sing
Feel the soft sunlight as it touches my skin

Early in the morning searching for green pasture
Sticking up with my big brother doing his chore
Riding on Julio’s back heading to the river
Time for the big fellow to bathe in the water

Picking grasses’ leaves under the midday sun
Playing little chefs with my sister for fun
Boiling mud and clay trying to make desserts
We both ended up staining our shirts

Standing by the window watching the setting sun
As many birds gather and sing at the pond
At night it’s so quiet and you can soundly sleep
And dream of memories that play for keeps

Life goes like this in my growing up years
Which I now reminisce with my eyes in tears
Fun and happy are my memories back then
 Now my growing up sunshine is never the same

-avonetnomalc- 



2 comments: